Have you tired entering question “How to search unknown driver for hardware ?” into search engine? Or, you might forget to back up your computer driver CD or lost it somewhere. Meanwhile, you just did a fresh installation of operating system. For that problem, I have solution that you might find useful in your daily routine involving hardware driver installing process.
2. On Device Manager, right click on the unknown hardware driver. Click Details tab.
You can find keyword needed to identify the device. In this case, the keyword is “VEN_14F1&DEV_2BFA”. Having this keyword, we know that the Vendor Code is 14F1 and the Device Code is 2BFA.
3. Then, open PCIdatabase.com website, this is a popular website providing information about computer device. Enter the Vendor Code or the Device Code to start the searching process. For your information, PCIdatabase.com only provides information about the device, you can also find URL to download the driver most of the time. In case there is no URL, just search the required driver in the Internet. Having information about the device name, IMHO, is enough to retrieve several links from search engine.
I hope this information can be useful for you.
Popularity: 2% [?]
Incoming search terms:
- device and vendor code
- hardware id vendor code device code
- how to code for vendor code
- how to open my srtart up sistem
- right click on my computer
- vendor device